EFFECTIVE TIPS TO BE OBSERVED WHILE OUTSIDE OF CAMPUS: -
- Always go out in groups of 3 or more persons.
- Walk in bright and busy areas or streets.
- Always let someone know where you are and where you may be going.
- Be aware about your surroundings at all times. Do not use your mobile phone while walking back home or to Campus, avoid displaying your valuables.
- Beware of strangers pretending to ask for directions to an address, pretending to park a motorcycle or even to borrow your mobile phone.
- Avoid carrying laptops especially in places that are unsafe and to bring them only when necessary.
- Be alert when you are approached by stranger making accusations of theft against you, make a firm offer to settle the dispute in the presence of the Police / Security personnel.
- Have the person who is sending you home to wait until you get into the house before he/she leaves your premise.
- If you feel you are being followed or observed, walk or run to a crowded area or walk quickly to the nearest house and press on the doorbell repeatedly until someone comes out from the house.
- Walk on the side of the road facing oncoming traffic.
- Place your bag towards the inner side of the road.
* Always be alert of motorcyclists coming from behind you, avoid walking too near to passing motorists.
- Campus is guarded by security personnel for 24 hours, should you encounter any problems or if you have any information related report, please contact the relevant numbers.