This postgraduate Psychology degree programme aims to provide students with advanced and in-depth knowledge related to psychological research as well as to foster higher order thinking skills to generate and conduct research that brings both theoretical and practical implications. This programme will guide students to pursue self-advancement and put ethical code of conduct into practice throughout the whole research process. Upon graduation, students should be able to work independently and responsibly throughout all the phases of research as well as to analyse and communicate the findings effectively to a diverse group of audiences.
Scholarships are available for Malaysian students with outstanding academic achievement and publication record.
Rolling Intake (throughout the year)
Full time (Malaysian & International students) - 2 years
Part time (Malaysian students ONLY) - 3 years
KL Main Campus
- Research Methods
- Advanced Statistics
- Master Research
- Education (eg. Lecturer, Tutor, Research Consultant)
- Training & Development (eg. Life Coach, Motivational Coach, Corporate Training)
- Management (eg. Human Resources, Administrative Executive, Personal Assistant)
- Psychology Related Work in NGOs, Hospitals/Schools
Minimum Entry Requirements
- A Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MQF) in Psychology or its equivalent with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MQF) with minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, AND a minimum 45 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent (covering all 8 Knowledge Areas in Psychology) and an undergraduate research project with a minimum CGPA of 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules; OR
- A Bachelor's Degree (Level 6 MQF) with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in any field, AND a minimum 30 credits of prerequisites modules in Psychology or its equivalent (covering all 8 Knowledge Areas in Psychology) with minimum CGPA 2.75 out of 4.00 in the prerequisites modules, AND a Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Subject Test (Psychology) with a minimum score of 550;OR
- Other relevant or equivalent qualification experience and requirement accepted by the HEP Senate/ competent authority in Malaysia.
English Language Requirements
- MUET Band 3.0 or IELTS Band 5.0 or CEFR High B1 or TOEFL iBT 42 or equivalent; OR
- Exemption of English Language requirement if medium of instruction during Bachelor studies was in English
- IELTS Band 5.0 or CEFR High B1 or TOEFL iBT 42 or equivalent; OR
- Exemption of English Language requirement if first language is English or the medium of instruction during Bachelor studies was in English