- To conduct both qualitative and quantitative research relating to business and policy; provide consultancy services to industries/ government agencies/ community.
- To build a research culture and expand research community with wide-ranging interests in many specialist areas.
- To develop several areas of excellence which will bring distinctiveness to the work of the faculty, the programmes the faculty offers and the wider community.
- To collaborate with private sector and various industries in terms of relevant market-driven, and business-related projects and any consultancy thereof.
- To form and develop research partnership/authorship with public and private sectors/ institutions/ industries nationally and/or internationally to produce books and high impact journal articles.
- To invite prominent speaker and subject experts from academics/ industry practitioners (nationally and internationally) to share their experience; and to facilitate relevant talk/ seminar/ symposium/ workshop/ colloquium primarily on research methodology.
- To provide research-led training courses for the faculty’s academicians and students to learn, nurture and hone their research skills as well as competencies.