The Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours) programme is geared to produce graduates and equip them with in-depth knowledge and skills that are essential to work as professionals in the interior design, architectural sector and research field. Graduates will be well trained to develop competencies in being conceptual design and planning thinkers in all areas within the interior design disciplines such as interior design consultancy, design of stage, lighting and furniture and design research development for the betterment of the human environment.
Graduates will enjoy good prospects for employment in various sectors ranging from interior design and architectural practices, interior contractors, and other organisations within the interior architecture sector. The Bachelor of Interior Architecture (Honours) is a pre-professional programme that provide an effective pathway for the graduates to be Registered Interior Designer upon the passing of LAM Professional Examinations.
KL Main Campus
LANGUAGE, MATA PELAJARAN PENGAJIAN UMUM (MPU) AND CO-CURRICULAR COURSES:
- Interior Design Studios
- Principles of Design
- Principles of Construction and Materials
- Architectural Graphic Techniques
- Environmental Science
- Building Services
- Graphic Communication for Interiors
- History of Architecture
- Structural Studies
- Building By-Laws
- Interior Architecture Technology
- Mechanical & Electrical Services
- Working Drawing
- Experiencing Architecture
- History of Interior Architecture
- Lighting and Acoustics
- Furniture Design
- Finishes and Furnishing Materials
- Digital Modelling
- Environmental Psychology
- Interior Design Management and Practice
- Design Theory for Interiors
- Interior Design Dissertation
- Industrial Training
- Measurement and Contract Documentation (Elective)
- Building Analysis (Elective)
- Accounting and Financial Management (Elective)
- Facilities Management (Elective)
- Construction Health and Safety Management (Elective)
English Language, English for Communication, English for Architectural Presentation, Tamadun Islam dan Asia, Hubungan Etnik, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Entrepreneurship, Contemporary Malaysian Issues, Co-curricular.
Minimum Entry Requirements:
Graduates of this programme can be employed as
- Interior and Spatial Designer
- Furniture and Manufacturer Designer
- Visual Merchandising Designer
- Fit-out and Retail Designer
- Set and Production Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Interior Landscaping Designer
- Interior Conservation and Lighting Consultant
- Colour Specialty Consultant
- Computer Modelling and Animation
- Facilities Space Programming
- Kitchen and Bath Design Consultant
- Document Drafting and Detailing
Progression Route and Pathway to Become a Registered Interior Designer:
Fees & Financial Aid:
Estimated Total Fees: (RM) 37,900 – Malaysian Students
(RM) 66,400 – International Students
The estimated total fees may vary by 10%. It covers all fees payable to TAR UMT i.e.:
- Tuition fee
- Caution money
- Registration fee
- Award assessment
- Orientation & activity fee
- Facilities & resources fee
- Laboratory/ workshop fee
- Special administration fee (where applicable)
For more information about the fee, click here.
To find out more, click here.
To find out more, click here.
For PTPTN, click here.
For Study Loan, click here.
For more information on Financial aid, click here.