Position and Company
Head of Application Development, Formis Computer Services Sdn. Bhd.
Programme and Year Graduated
Bachelor of Science (Computer Science), 1989
Find out more about FOCS programmes
Career Path and Biography
Have superior record of delivering simultaneous various scales, mission critical turnkey projects within reasonable timeframe and within budget. Team based management style and focus on project management skill. Strengths in
- IT Strategic Planning
- Team leadership & collaboration
- Productivity Enhancement
- Project Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Customer and Vendor Relations
- Problem Solving
Career advancement record :
| Jun 1989 – Dec 1990
Apr 1992 – Mar 1993
Apr 1994 – Mar 1995
Apr 1996 – Mar 1997
Apr 1997 – Mar 2000
Apr 2000 – Mar 2005
Apr 2005 – Mar 2007
Apr 2007 – Mar 2011
Apr 2011 - current
| Analyst Programmer
Software Development Manager
Senior IT Manager
Vice President - Application Development
Head - Application Development
Apr 2011 - Present
Formis Computer Services Sdn Bhd
Head, Application Development (Apr 2011 – Present)
My current portfolio is focusing on the Financial Services Industry (FSI) market solutions by leverage on the vast project implementation experience in the same industry. Overall responsibilities area is involving from pre-sales until post sales activities. I am managing company key customer (Strategic Account) and post-sale professional services and resources planning. Oversee all department issues, human resource and administrative affairs for the department.
Key Achievement :
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to assist pre-sales department and sales department to bridge the communication barrier and team work. Provide guidance to establish the proposal preparation process and template in order to expedite the proposal preparation and delivery before the deadline.
- Resourceful and helpful to provide application solution know how and project management approach to customer.
Apr 2007 – Mar 2011
Formis BASS Software Sdn Bhd
Vice President, Application Development (Apr 2007 – Mar 2011)
Leading a team of 70-people workforce to hold full P&L responsibilities. Interface directly with the top level executives, negotiate high value contract and coordinate project implementation. Manage company key customer (Strategic Account) and post-sale professional services and resources. Oversee all division issues, human resource and administrative affairs for the division.
- Established good customer relationship and trust to secure the long term business not limited to company business but assist other company subsidiary to secure sizeable project
- Good interpersonal and communication skills which fully understand customer need in all levels
- Constantly provide and enhance team excellent technical support to more than ten systems in Central Bank of Malaysia
- Setup a foreign team together with Malaysia team in short period of time and successfully deliver a challenging securities product (broker back office system) with major re-vamp in foreign country (Vietnam).
- Partner with Korean leading securities software provider (KOSCOM/KRX) and successfully deliver the Bond Trading System in Bursa Malaysia.
- Prepare department standard operating procedure to smooth the department operation and increase staff productivity, quality as well consistency
- Achieved more than a million project profit for consecutively of 3 years
- Trained a team of resources for the cutting-edge technology (JAVA technology) and deliver project within reasonable timeframe and within budget
- Successfully merged two software companies’ technical staff resources into a new merged company. Setup new division structure, re-align team, enhanced team procedure and project approach from two different working culture team.
Apr 1993 – Mar 2007
Formis Software Dynamics Sdn Bhd
Principal Consultsant (Apr 2005 – Mar 2007)
Senior IT Manager (Apr 2000 – Mar 2005)
Software Development Manager (Apr 1997 – Mar 2000)
Project Manager (Apr 1996 – Mar 1997) Senior
System Analyst (Apr 1995 – Mar 1996)
System Analyst (Apr 1994 – Mar 1995)
Senior Analyst Programmer (Apr 1993 – Mar 1994)
Provide project development for two strategic accounts (Malaysia Stock Exchange and Central Bank of Malaysia). Responsible in the entire project development lifecycle.
- Received company Merit awards in year 1994, 1996 and 1997
- Capable to manage multiple projects at the same time and meeting project tight schedule
- Developed analytical mind that helps in system design and deliver a workable, quality and stable system to customer
- Designed and developed project skeleton to speed up the development time
- Implemented mission critical project for Bursa Malaysia (Malaysia Stock Exchange) to facilitate stock trading activity
Jan 1991 - Mar 1993
BASS Consulting Sdn Bhd
Application Specialist (Apr 1992 – Mar 1993)
Analyst Programmer (Jan 1991 – Mar 1992)
Provide project development to company strategic account (Malaysia Stock Exchange). Responsible for the system development, testing and technical support to customer.
- Received Outstanding Contribution & Dedication award in year 1992
- Completed mission critical project for Malaysia Central Depository to help and facilitate the vision of Government of script-less securities
- Able to develop structure programming
Jun 1989 - Dec 1990
Hong Leong Bank Sdn Bhd
Analyst Programmer (Jun 1989 – Dec 1990)
Provide project development to company system. Responsible for the system development, testing and technical support to various departments.
- Acquired the patient and skilled of system testing that help to deliver quality system
- Good understanding and experience in the financial industry
- Experience the actual working environment