Mechanical engineers design and develop everything you think of as a machine from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. Many of them specialise in areas such as manufacturing, automation, automotive/transportation and air conditioning. Graduates will be able to analyse their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to ensure the product functions safely, efficiently, reliably and can be manufactured at a competitive cost.
KL Main Campus
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Mechanics / Theory of Machine
- Manufacturing Processes / Automation & Production Systems
- Engineering Drawing & CADD
- Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Materials
- Thermodynamics / Heat Transfer & Fluid Mechanics
- Electric Circuits & Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials / Mechanics of Solids
- CNC Technology, Industrial Control & Automation
- Control Systems Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Project Management & Finance
- Computer-Aided Engineering / Finite Element Analysis
- Dynamics of Mechanical Systems/ Vibration & Acoustics
- Operation Management / Manufacturing System Design / Quality and Reliability
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanical Instrumentation &Measurement
- Digital Electronics & Microprocessors
- Exergy & Renewable Energy
- Engineer and Society
- Engineering Management / Communication for Engineers
- Project & Dissertation
- Industrial Training
- Capstone Project
Total Credit: 142
- Mechanical Engineers Design & Development Engineers
- Process/Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Engineers
- Equipment/Facilities Engineers
- Service/Technical Support/Field Application Engineers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Sales Engineers
For more information about AELE0364 English Language (1119), click HERE
Fees & Financial Aid:
Estimated Total Fees: (RM) 41,000 (Malaysian Student), RM65,900 (International Student).
The estimated total fees may vary by 10%.
For more information on fees, click here.
To find out more, click here.
To find out more, click here.
For PTPTN, click here.
For Study Loan, click here.
For more information on Financial aid, click here.
- Graduates are competent in the practice of Mechanical field of engineering.
- Graduates are engaged in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Graduates are committed to professionalism in engineering practices and contribute to the society.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates should be able to:
1. Ability to acquire and apply knowledge of mechanical engineering to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Ability to perform complex mechanical engineering problem analysis through identification, formulation, research and critical analysis through systematic approach.
3. Ability to utilise systems approach to evaluate performance and design solutions for complex problems in mechanical engineering systems.
4. Acquire in-depth technical competence to conduct investigation into complex mechanical engineering problems using research based knowledge and research methods to obtain valid conclusions.
5. Ability to create, select and apply modern tools, appropriate techniques and resources to complex mechanical engineering problems, with an understanding of the limitations.
6. Understand the social, cultural, global and environmental responsibilities of a professional mechanical engineer’s practice and solutions to complex engineering problems.
7. Understand the needs and principles of sustainable development and the social/environmental impact of solutions to complex mechanical engineering problems.
8. Understand the professional and ethical responsibilities of mechanical engineers and the commitment to them.
9. Ability to communicate effectively on complex mechanical engineering activities in both oral and written means with people of technical and non-technical background.
10. Able to function effectively as an individual and in a group with the capacity to be a leader or manager.
11. Recognise that mechanical engineering is a fast evolving field requiring the need for life-long learning and possessing/acquiring the capacity to do so.
12. Understand project management principles and issues that are required to deliver successful engineering projects in multidisciplinary environment.