Mechanical engineers design and develop everything you think of as a machine from supersonic fighter jets to bicycles to toasters. Many of them specialise in areas such as manufacturing, automation, automotive/transportation and air conditioning. Graduates will be able to analyse their design using the principles of motion, energy, and force to ensure the product functions safely, efficiently, reliably and can be manufactured at a competitive cost.
KL Main Campus
- Engineering Mathematics
- Engineering Mechanics / Theory of Machine
- Manufacturing Processes / Automation & Production Systems
- Engineering Drawing & CADD
- Programming for Engineers
- Engineering Materials
- Thermodynamics / Heat Transfer & Fluid Mechanics
- Electric Circuits & Electrical Machines
- Strength of Materials / Mechanics of Solids
- CNC Technology, Industrial Control & Automation
- Control Systems Engineering
- Engineering Design
- Project Management & Finance
- Computer-Aided Engineering / Finite Element Analysis
- Dynamics of Mechanical Systems/ Vibration & Acoustics
- Operation Management / Manufacturing System Design / Quality and Reliability
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Mechanical Instrumentation &Measurement
- Digital Electronics & Microprocessors
- Exergy & Renewable Energy
- Engineer and Society
- Engineering Management / Communication for Engineers
- Project & Dissertation
- Industrial Training
- Capstone Project
Total Credit: 142
- Mechanical Engineers Design & Development Engineers
- Process/Manufacturing Engineer
- Production Engineers
- Equipment/Facilities Engineers
- Service/Technical Support/Field Application Engineers
- Quality Assurance Engineers
- Sales Engineers
For more information about AELE0364 English Language (1119), click HERE
Fees & Financial Aid:
Estimated Total Fees: (RM) 41,000 (Malaysian Student), RM61,700 (International Student).
The estimated total fees may vary by 10%.
For more information on fees, click here.
To find out more, click here.
To find out more, click here.
For PTPTN, click here.
For Study Loan, click here.
For more information on Financial aid, click here.
This programme is designed to produce and develop graduates:
- Graduates are competent in the practice of Mechanical field of engineering.
- Graduates are engaged in lifelong learning and professional development.
- Graduates are committed to professionalism in engineering practices and contribute to the society.
Upon completion of the programme, the graduates should be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge - Apply the knowledge and principles of mechanical engineering to solve practical complex engineering problems within the field of mechanical & manufacturing engineering.
- Problem Analysis - Apply conceptual skill, analytical skills and critical thinking to analyse complex engineering problems and formulate technical solutions that may undertake design, development, manufacture, operation and maintenance in the application of mechanical & manufacturing systems.
- Design/Development of Solutions - Employ system approach to develop an appropriate engineering solution for complex engineering problems with appropriate consideration for public safety and health, cultural, societal and environmental issues in mechanical & manufacturing engineering related application.
- Investigation - Apply the technical expertise through laboratory-based, project-based, research work activities to perform engineering techniques and procedures to solve complex engineering problems in the field of mechanical & manufacturing engineering.
- Modern Tool Usage - Use modern engineering tools to conduct complex engineering activities including computer programming, ICT software in analysing, modelling and simulation to provide appropriate engineering solution in mechanical application.
- The Engineer and Society - Be responsible in their professional practice with regard to the social, cultural, legal, economic and global environment obligation.
- Environment and Sustainability - Apply the concept of sustainable development in engineering projects.
- Ethics - Practice engineering professionalism in line with their ethical responsibilities and awareness of the impact of their activities on society.
- Communication - Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities in written, visual representation and oral presentation on group capacity and effective as part of a multi-disciplinary work team.
- Individual and Team Work - Apply entrepreneurial, managerial, leadership and interpersonal skills to work effectively as an individual and at organizational level with the capacity of a leader and manager.
- Lifelong Learning - Be resourceful and able to use informational resources for effective decision making and engages in lifelong learning as key of their professional development.
- Project Management and Finance - Apply techniques and concepts of project management to execute engineering projects within the constraints of cost, budgets and other limited resources in project teams.