Product Development is the process of conceptualising and designing products, either physical or digital, to provide end users with solutions that meet their needs. For the purpose of developing new product or improving an existing product, it is imperative that product development technologists identify company goals in conjunction with market opportunities, prior to applying well-defined principles and technologies in a creative way. Product development technologists also formulate manufacturing specifications and perform design analyses to ensure all products meet industry standards and guidelines for functionality. Graduates trained under product development technology programme are expected to be innovative, creative, and analytical with excellent working knowledge using 3D modelling software and other modern technology tools.
January, May/June, November (Selected programme)
2 years 4 months
KL Main Campus
- Fundamental Mathematics, Mathematics for Technologist
- Measurement and Workshop Technology
- Technical Drawing, Computer-Aided Design and Drafting
- Computer Programming
- Physics for Technologist
- Production Planning and Control
- Mechanism of Machines
- Welding Technology
- Electric Circuits
- Materials Science
- Solid Modelling and 3D Printing
- Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Creativity and Innovation
- CNC Programming and CAM
- Project Management and Finance
- Industrial Automation
- Manufacturing Technology
- Product Development & Marketing
- Design for Manufacture & Assembly
- Quality and Safety
- Final Year Project
- Ethics and Professionalism
- Industrial Training
- Language, Mata Pelajaran Pengajian Umum (MPU)and Co-Curricular Courses: Integrative English, Progressive English, Pengajian Malaysia 2, Bahasa Kebangsaan A, Public Speaking, Civic Consciousness and Volunteerism, Co-curiccular
Minimum Credits: 93
Graduates of Diploma in Product Development Technology are Manufacturing and Industrial Technologists with broad technical and managerial background within their profession. Graduates can build their career as an assistant engineer, technical associate, or technician in the field of product research and development, product design and marketing, product testing and quality assurance, product manufacturing and production, mechanical and machineries design, as well as automation and control. They are well prepared as a technoprenuer to fulfil the country’s needs of the Fourth Industrial Revolution (IR 4.0). Graduates are also encouraged to further their study in the relevant Bachelor Degree Programme.
Fees & Financial Aid:
Estimated Total Fees: (RM) RM18,600 (Malaysian Student), Rm 36,100 (International Student)
The estimated total fees may vary by 10%.
For more information on fees, click here.
To find out more, click here.
To find out more, click here.
For PTPTN, click here.
For Study Loan, click here.
For more information on Financial aid, click here.
The Programme Educational Objectives are as follow:
1. Graduates are competent technicians in the field of product development technology.
2. Graduates are engaged in lifelong learning and professional development.
3. Graduates are committed to professionalism in technologists’ practices and contribute to the society.
The nine programmes outcomes derived from the program objectives are as listed below:
1. Demonstrate the ability in applying relevant knowledge of technology fundamentals to well-defined procedures and practices in product development technology and related areas.
2. Adopt technical, practical-oriented skills and use of modern tools and technologies to resolve well-defined problems in context of product design and technology.
3. Ability to study and analyse well-defined problems in broad context of product design and technology and resolve through scientific investigation, experimentation and/or application of digital and numeracy skills.
4. Able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written among technologist communities and society at large.
5. Able to assess issues of cultural, environmental, safety, health, sustainability in context of technological development and meeting the societal responsibility in their work practises.
6. Acknowledge the need for and engage in continuous, independent and lifelong learning in the context of product technological change..
7. Possess management and technopreneurship skills which are task-based and practised-based.
8. Aware of the professional and ethical responsibilities and conform to norms of work practises of technologist.
9. Function efficiently as an individual and in diverse team-based work and possess capacity to become leader.