Ts. Dr. Lee Yoon Ket
Artificial Intelligent & Data Analytics Application Research Group - Dr Goh YH (Group Leader)
Autonomous Robot Research Group- Dr Chiew TH (Group Leader)
Industrial Automation Application Research Group – Dr. Teoh CY (Group Leader)
Industry 4.0 Research Group - Dr Lee YK (Group Leader)
Precision Agriculture Research Group -Dr. Lum KY (Group Leader)
Associate Prof. Ts. Dr. Lee Wah Pheng (Centre For Postgraduate Studies And Research)
Associate Prof. Dr. Yip Mum Wai (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Ts. Dr. Lim Li Li (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Goh Yeh Huann (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Ong Jia Jan (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Teoh Choe Yung (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Ir. Dr. Vijayapraas A/l Muniandy (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Lum Kin Yun (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Chiew Tsung Heng (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Chang Kai Ming (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Dr. Ko Ying Hao (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Ts. Dr. Tew Yiqi (Faculty of Computing and Information Technology)
Mr. Chew Khai Min (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
Mr. Tan Yong Li (Faculty of Engineering and Technology)
The main aim of CASRR is to lead and contribute in the advancement of autonomous technology and fulfil the high demand of expertise for digitalization and autonomous, through the synergy between research, applications of technology, industry partnership and project collaborations, in both academic and industry sectors.
For academic sector, the CASRR is devoted to the fulfilment of scholarly and academic activities including but not limited to the following:
1. To develop the integrated technologies concerning the autonomous field in supporting pillars (autonomous robots and system integration) in Industry 4.0.
2. To promote and facilitate collaborative and/or interdisciplinary research and enhancement of research networking capacity and infrastructure.
3. To provide education and training in research and related skills, especially for postgraduate and undergraduate students.
4. To contribute to the university college’s educational and research missions and to support synergies between research, teaching and learning.
5. To contribute to TAR UC’s research and commercialization endeavour.
For industry, the CASRR is devoted to the fulfilment of industry partnership and project collaborations including but not limited to the following:
1. To attract external funding through industrial partnership and/ or project collaboration.
2. To promote and facilitate collaborative industrial partnership and/or projects.
3. To consult and provide solutions to industry-related problems to collaborative partners.
4. To develop and apply the integrated technologies concerning the autonomous field in industry.
5. To provide training, hands-on experiences and related skills for postgraduate and undergraduate students, and collaborative partners.
To be a pioneer and one of the world’s leading consultancy and research Centre in the advancement of autonomous technology research and solutions provider to industry.
To work together with other research Centres to bring out research findings that can be incorporated by TAR UC and industry for its progressive development.
Operations and Activities
In furtherance of its stated objectives and deliverables, the Centre shall organize and conduct various activities such as those listed below:
1. Organize conference, seminars, workshops and training related to autonomous to students, lecturers, and industry partners.
2. Identify challenges and provide solutions to industry-related problems to collaborative partners.
3. Establish joint research and/or industry-related projects with other universities and/or industry partners.
4. Obtain external funding to allow proof-of-concept or preliminary work which can strengthen research proposals to external agencies.
5. Accelerate publication rate and patent filing.
6. Serve as a gateway for our graduates to explore new technologies and culture.
Funding, Facilities and Equipment
Members of the Centre will apply for research or industry funding from the Malaysian Government or International research grants to conduct its activities. Apart from that, the Centre will source for software and equipment sponsorship from the industry. The Centre will use the existing facilities which house suitable instruments, experimental setups and engineering equipment with computers that are loaded with licensed software within the Main Campus. The grants held by the Centre are as follows:
1. Industry Research Grant from Hotayi Electronic (M) Sdn. Bhd. (RM 37,000)
2. Industry Research Grant from AJIYA Groups (RM 96,250)
3. Industry Research Grant from Top Glove (RM 88 472)
4. Internal Research Grant (RM 288,200)
5. Government RMK11 Grant (RM374,512)
Collaboration Projects with Industry
The Centre is actively engaged with industrial projects through the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) and Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) between TAR UC and industries as follows:
1. Automated Production Simulation (MoA between TAR UC and Hotayi Electronic (M) Sdn. Bhd.)
2. Machine and Process Data Analytics using Artificial Intelligence (MoA between TAR UC and Hotayi Electronic (M) Sdn. Bhd.)
3. Automated Unload and Load for Long Metal Roll Forming Products (MoA between TAR UC and Asia Roofing Industries Sdn. Bhd (AJIYA Groups))
4. Automated System for Assembly of Metal Door/ Window Frames (MoA between TAR UC and Asia Roofing Industries Sdn. Bhd (AJIYA Groups))
5. Pinhole Reduction of Glove and Motion Design for Uniform Coating of Glove (MoA between TAR UC and Top Glove)
6. Industry 4.0 Manufacturing Testbed (MoU between TAR UC and Advantech Malaysia)
7. Industry 4.0 Manufacturing Testbed (MoU between TAR UC and Hua Yong Engineering Sdn. Bhd.)
8. Industry 4.0 Manufacturing Testbed (Delta supporting in Kind)
9. Industry 4.0 Manufacturing Testbed (Flexlink Sdn Bhd supporting in Kind)
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY (FOET)
TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
JALAN GENTING KELANG
53300 KUALA LUMPUR
TELEPHONE: +603-41450123 / 41450100
Ext no. 3235 , 3424
Whatsapp: 011-10825613 / 011-10597120
EMAIL : email@example.com
8.30am - 5.30pm (Monday - Friday)