Ms. Lim Mei Shyan ( Email)
BSc (Hons) (UKM), MSc (Greenwich)
Introduction to the Faculty of Computing and Information Technology
FOCS is evolved from the Faculty of Applied Sciences and Computing (FASC), Tunku Abdul Rahman University College (TAR UC) and from the well-established/reputable School of Arts and Science (SAS) of the renowned Tunku Abdul Rahman College (TARC) which has been upgraded to University College status in May 2013. The Faculty has a track record of producing successful graduates in both academic and industry in a wide and diverse range of applied sciences and computing areas for more than 40 years. To date, the faculty has more than 80 faculty members and has graduated more than 37,000 graduates at various level of studies.
The Faculty of Computing and Information Technology (FOCS) currently runs programmes at Diploma and Bachelor (Honours) Degree levels and endeavors to offer Masters and PhD programmes in the near future.
Apart from running academic programmes, the faculty is active in research activities in the area of computer vision, artificial intelligence, machine learning, data science, big data analytics, IoT, Cybersecurity and many more.The Faculty has proven track of records in producing highly demanded computing graduates that meet the needs of the industry. The followings are the recognition from the industry that has been received by TAR UC within the past few years:
The excellent track of records has been further proven through students’ achievement in international and national competitions (non-exhaustive list):
1. Champions in Cisco Netriders competition 3 years consecutively (2014 – 2016). Champion in CISCO Packet Tracer Competition 2019.
2. TAR UC students representing Malaysia:
3. Champion in CIMB 3D Quest Competition 2019 at national and international level.
4. 1st prize Open IT Skills Competition 2016 in IT Software Solution For Business Category & Web Design Category.
5. TAR UC Interactive Software Technology Alumni Won RM50,000 grant in the Intellectual Property Creators Challenge (IPCC) 2016.
6. Champion in Web Design Category in WorldSkills Malaysia Belia (WSMB) 2017
7. Champion in the Hack2Hired 2018 competition
8. 1st prize in the ICDL Digital Asia Challenge 2018 competition
9. Champion in World’s First Microsoft Windows 10 Game Jam 2015
The strengths of FOCS that contributes to the above achievement are as follows:
1. Highly qualified and dedicated Faculty members with a good mixture of research background and years of experience in the industry.
2. Faculty members certified in Professional Certification, for example, CCNA, CompTIA A+, CompTIA Security+, CeH, Unity 3D, Sun Certified Java Programmer and ISTQB CTFL.
3. Strong academy and industrial collaboration in terms of consultancy work for the industry or academy training.
4. Emphasis on both knowledge and hands-on practical skills in training and students are prepared for professional certification.
5. Fully equipped computer laboratories to provide industrial level training to students:
The Faculty is supported by dedicated faculty members from 3 Departments and 6 Research Centres:
Centre for ICT Innovations and Creativity (CICTIC)
Centre for Data Science and Analytics (CDSA)
Centre for Computational Intelligence (CCI)
Centre for Internet of Things (CIOT)
Centre for Computer Networking and Cyber Security (CCNCS)
Centre for Integrated Circuit Research and Development (CICR&D)
The FOCS continues to strive for education excellence by providing high quality education in undergraduate and post-graduate level as well as to excel in research and industry-collaborations.
FACULTY OF COMPUTING AND INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
TUNKU ABDUL RAHMAN UNIVERSITY COLLEGE
JALAN GENTING KELANG
53300 KUALA LUMPUR
TELEPHONE: 603-41450123 Ext no. 3233
MOBILE PHONE: 6011-10758554
FAX: 603-41423166 / 018 925 1001
EMAIL : email@example.com
8.30am - 5.30pm (Monday - Friday)