Registered Student

General Information

Students can check their personal particulars on the Student Intranet. It is the responsibility of students to notify the University College for any change in their personal particulars  to ensure their particulars in the University College database are accurate and  up-to-date at all times.

The University College will not be responsible/accountable for delayed or lost mail or wrong information printed on official documents due to incorrect or obsolete students’ addresses and contacts in the University College database.

It is very important for all new students to attend the orientation/briefing arranged by the University College. New students should dress ‘smart casual’ during the orientation/briefing.

The Orientation programmes include Mass Call, briefing by the Faculties/Centre/Branch Campus/Branch/Department, workshops, sports & games, adjustment to campus life programme, talentime and orientation nights.

The purpose of the Orientation programme is to introduce new students to their seniors, the University College environment and the University College way of life. Ragging is strictly prohibited.

Click herefor FAQ on Orientation.

Timetable for the programme will be posted on the Student Intranet during orientation week/commencement of programme.

Students who wish to obtain leave of absence are to complete the prescribed form by emailing to their respective Faculty/Centre/Branch Campus/Branch. Action may be taken against students who are reported absent without prior permission/approval by the Faculty/Centre/Branch Campus/Branch.

Students who fall sick must submit their medical certificate to their respective Faculty/Centre/Branch Campus/Branch.

New students who wish to transfer to a programme of another Faculty/Campus are to complete the prescribed form obtainable at the Department of Admissions & Credit Evaluation.

Students who wish to transfer to a programme within the same Faculty or Centre are to complete the prescribed form at the Faculty/Centre for Pre-University Studies office/Branch Campus.

The deadline for programme/campus transfer is latest by week 2 (for long semester) or week 1 (for short semester) after the commencement of programmes. Approval for programme/campus transfer is NOT guaranteed.

Students who have accepted the programme/campus transfer through payment of fees (where applicable) will NOT be allowed to transfer back into their original programme/campus.

Ex-TARCians who had withdrawn from TAR UC Bachelor Degree/Diploma programme and have enrolled into another programme of the same level may be eligible for horizontal credit transfer.

The application for horizontal credit transfer is to be made at the respective Faculty latest by end of week 4 (for long semester) and end of week 3 (for short semester) after the commencement of the semester first joined. 

Students who wish to withdraw from their programmes must notify the Admissions Department and return their Student ID Cards.

The date the University College receives the student’s withdrawal notification is the official date of withdrawal even if the student has stopped attending classes earlier.

Students who do not attend class or discontinues class attendance in a new semester without notifying the University College of their withdrawal is liable to all fees due to the University College for that semester and subsequently will be withdrawn from the University College due to arrears of fees.


For Application for Refund of Caution Money please click here

Students who wish to defer their studies may apply for deferment of study by submitting the deferment form to their respective Faculty/Centre/Branch Campus/Branch.


Students who had/were withdrawn from the University College and would like to be reinstated as a student of the University College may be considered for reinstatement.